10 Packing Tips You Need For Your Next Move
Published on 3/31/2021
There are so many things to think about when it comes to moving. How to pack, what to pack, the list goes on and on. We’ve compiled a list of 10 tips when it comes to moving to make your life easier:
- When transporting liquid items, like body wash or hair shampoo, take the lid off and place plastic wrap over the opening, then screw the lid back on. This will help your toiletries not spill when tipping over in a box or if the lid accidentally pops open.
- Cover furniture with stretch wrap to protect from scratches.
- Use pillows and blankets to pack breakable items instead of newspaper and other packing supplies.
- Keep clothes on their hangers and place a garbage bag around them with only the hook of the hanger exposed. Rubberband the hooks together to make transportation easier (and less work unpacking!).
- Stock your new kitchen full of refreshing drinks. As your start to move items over you’ll be thirsty and this way you won’t have to carry a water bottle back and forth between locations.
- Schedule your utilities ahead of time. The last thing you want is to move in and forget to set up your wifi and electricity. Do this a week or a few days in advance so this is one moving item you don’t have to worry about.
- Place knives in pot holders. This ensures they won’t be poking through the cardboard boxes and keeps your hands safe from any cuts.
- Pack books and heavier items in rolling suitcases.
- Protect wall decor by placing flat artwork inside small flat boxes and then placing those inside a larger box for transportation.
- Place your kitchen spices inside of pots and pans. This doubles as a buffer between pans so they’re not rubbing against each other and saves you space on moving boxes!
What are some moving tips you’ve used in the past? Send us a note, we’d love to hear from you!